Why Do Teeth Change?
Changes in the appearance of teeth can be due to:
- Inherited traits – some people have a family history of dental irregularities such as gaps, misaligned teeth, spots or blemishes.
- Staining that can result from certain foods or beverages, especially tea, coffee and cola.
- Smoking, which causes discolouration of teeth.
- The use of some antibiotics in children, which can lead to permanent colour changes in permanent teeth.
- Chips or cracks, which may be due to trauma such as sporting injuries or accidents.
- Broken down restorations.
A combination of lifestyle and personal factors can result in teeth showing various faults or blemishes over the years. Your dentist can offer a variety of modern treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile.